Goals & Objectives:
We (tour guides) spend 1-2 weeks in future tour destinations scouting out basic tour needs.
- Lodging for 8-12 guests plus 1-2 tour guides (ideally the lodging structures demonstrate examples of ecologic design, yet not mandatory)
- Green building projects, architects and designers that can be visited on our tours
- Permaculture projects and/or organic farms that can be visited on our tours
- Local permaculture teacher: teach our 2 day introduction to Permaculture curriculum specifically created for architects and designers (day 1 = 8 hour classroom lecture | day 2 = 4 hour hands-on workshop)
- Yoga teacher: teach our tour specific curriculum/classes created specifically for architects and designers (1.5 hour classes | 8 day tours: 4-5 classes | 3 day tours: 3 classes)
- Nutrition teacher and chef: instruct our guests in creating a meal with ingredients harvested from our garden tour and educational lecture on recommended nutrition for a well-balanced healthy diet)
- Local restaurants and cafes: preferably farm-to-table and organic options
- Nature excursions: adventure activities that provide time for our guests in nature (varying levels of physical difficulty)
- Transportation: van/vehicle that can transport up to 14 people with luggage (ideally the transportation will be powered by renewable sources of energy ie. electric/bio-diesel etc., yet not mandatory)
Scouting Trip Needs:
We aim to accomplish our scouting goals in the most efficient & affordable manner possible.
- Places to stay: While on location, exploring the local area we look for permiculture projects, organic farms or sustainable communities where we can camp in exchange for work.
- Transportation: When possible we use buses and public transportation, yet some of the locations we need to visit may not be accessible by public transportation. Our hopes are to find a local resident (that is passionate about sustainability) with an old, extra car that they would be willing to rent to us for several days or a week for a reasonable price.